Time flies when you’re accomplishing nothing.
Okay, I can’t quite say that. I do feel much at a standstill. But still, things have happened, and there is more to come. Since my Q3 update in July, I have:
- edited and posted ‘The Edge’ and ‘His Brother’s Keeper’ for sale on Smashwords
- finished ‘The Invasion’ (currently titled ‘No Such Place As Home’) and prepared it for submission
- written a second article for The Mary Sue
- started work on ‘Counter Clockwise’ with my writers group
- created a plan for this year’s NaNoWriMo
- continued writing fic on AO3
- created a new blog just for babbling about Doctor Who
- taken yet another new direction with ‘The Way’
- created a script version of my Tenth Doctor fic ‘Volcano Day’
Okay, now I look at it, that’s quite a lot! 🙂
I realize now I haven’t actually outlined my NaNo plan anywhere. It’s for a series of Dragon stories based on my sister’s artwork, three tales of dragons in three cities beginning with Paris, continuing to St. Johns and then (I think) Seattle. I have an idea at least for each of them. I’m not sure how NaNo is actually going to go, given that I’d like to work on ‘Counter Clockwise’ and I still have editing to do on ‘Ghosts’ for Smashwords and I’d like to wrap up my Broadchurch fic. I will have to pick a focus, and get at least one thing done and done. Probably the dragons, though I’ll keep taking ‘Counter Clockwise’ to the writers group and with luck (?) finish ‘The Ex-Detectives’ before then. (In two and a half weeks. Maybe, maybe not.)
Wish me luck.